- 4 (4 ounce) albacore tuna steaks
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rub the albacore steaks with 4 tablespoons sugar. Allow to sit 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the remaining sugar, toasted sesame seeds, green onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Place the albacore steaks in the mixture, and marinate 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Discard marinade, and place the albacore steaks on a baking sheet. Broil to desired doneness in the preheated oven.
sun's korean marinating sauce, recipe