- 2/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 large head cabbage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch dried marjoram
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Allow rice to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove the core from the cabbage, and place cabbage in the boiling water. Remove the outer leaves as they soften. Set leaves aside.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the onion until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir together the cooked onion, ground chicken, cooked rice, eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, and marjoram in a bowl.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture in the center of each cabbage leaf. Roll leaf and tuck ends in to enclose filling. Secure each roll with a toothpick if necessary. Place rolls into prepared baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over the rolls.
- Bake, covered, in the preheated oven until the meat in the rolls is no longer pink, 45 to 60 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of casserole should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Super Easy Polish Cabbage Rolls, recipe