- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 1/4 pounds beef short ribs
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the ribs and brown well on all sides in small batches. Set ribs aside.
- Add the onions, broth, pineapple, chili sauce, honey, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Return the ribs to the pot, coating them well with this sauce.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Remove cover, season with salt and pepper to taste, and bake for 1 more hour. Garnish with the parsley.
Super Short Ribs, recipe