- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10.5 ounce) container bruschetta
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 onion, quartered
- 1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package Mozzarella-style vegan soy cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic; cook and stir until the garlic begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, bruschetta, and salt. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, then stir in the red wine and sugar. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray, then spread layer of the prepared tomato sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Place the tofu, onion, spinach, and pesto into a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth. Pour the tofu mixture into a resealable plastic bag. Snip the corner off the bottom of the bag, and pipe the mixture into the pasta shells. Arrange the pasta shells in the prepared baking pan. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the shells, then cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the pasta shells are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove the foil, and sprinkle the soy cheese on top. Return to the oven and continue baking until the the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes more.
Sure to Fool 'Em Vegan Stuffed Shells, recipe