- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 4 cups water
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, coarsely broken in package (flavor packets discarded)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Cook onion with salt, covered, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add carrots, celery, potato, and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Puree 1/2 cup of beans with 1 cup of soup broth in a blender. Add to soup along with remaining cup beans and diced tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Add ramen noodles, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese over each serving of soup.
talian Bean Ramen, recipe