- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) package potato gnocchi
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or more to taste), for garnish
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ground sausage until browned, breaking it up into small pieces, about 7 minutes. Transfer sausage to a bowl. Drain fat from skillet; wipe out skillet with a paper towel.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat, Stir in onion and saute until translucent, 2 or 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Whisk in flour until evenly mixed into butter, 1 minute. Slowly pour in cream and Swanson(R) Unsalted Chicken Broth. Whisk mixture until it comes to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to low. Simmer until mixture thickens, whisking occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Return sausage to the skillet; add spinach, tomatoes, and gnocchi. Cook over medium heat until gnocchi is heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add dash of salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
talian Sausage and Gnocchi Soup, recipe