- 4 pounds boneless beef short ribs, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Place ribs on a rack in a broiler pan, and broil on top oven rack 15 minutes, or until well browned. Remove from heat, and transfer to a baking dish. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the tomato sauce, tomato juice, onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Season with cinnamon, cloves, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour over the ribs in the baking dish.
- Bake ribs in the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven 45 minutes, or until meat pulls apart easily with a fork and reaches a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Tanya's Boneless Short Ribs, recipe