- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- In a medium saucepan combine tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, pepper, salt and garlic. Cover and cook over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute onion for about 4 minutes; stir into sauce. Cook sauce for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in bell pepper and cook 10 more minutes.
texas enchilada sauce, recipe