- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup (1 small) chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (10 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (12 ounce) package dried rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat the sesame oil and vegetable oil in a large wok over high heat. Fry the onion, ginger and chile pepper, stirring constantly until onion is tender. Add chicken strips, lime juice, soy sauce, basil and cilantro. Cook, stirring constantly until chicken pieces are golden and cooked through. Pour in the coconut milk, and bring to a boil. Stir together the cornstarch and water; stir into the sauce. Let simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, soak noodles in hot water for 3 minutes. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add soaked noodles, and cook for 3 minutes, or until tender; drain.
- Serve the chicken mixture over noodles, and garnish with a twist of lime and a drizzle of cream.
Thai-Style Chicken with Noodles, recipe