- 8 links pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour the oil into the bottom of a baking dish, and arrange the sausages over it in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, eggs, and half of the milk until smooth. Gradually mix in the rest of the milk until a smooth batter is achieved. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the sausages from the oven, and ladle the batter over them until the sausages are 3/4 covered. Return to the oven, and bake for 35 minutes, or until the center is risen and browned. Don't worry if the underside seems slightly soft, as this is normal.
toad in the hole, Eggs recipe