- 1 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- 1 pound broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/8 cup Parmesan flavor soy cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake pie crust in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until golden. Stir in the cooked broccoli and heat through.
- In a blender, combine tofu, soy milk, mustard, salt, nutmeg, ground red pepper, black pepper, parsley and Parmesan soy cheese; process until smooth. In a large bowl combine tofu mixture with broccoli mixture. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until quiche is set, 35 to 40 minutes. Allow to stand for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
Tofu Quiche with Broccoli, recipe