- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, Italian seasoning, thyme, sugar, Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup reserved tomato juice, milk, eggs, oil and garlic. Combine liquid and dry mixtures. Fold in chopped tomatoes and olives. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Tomato Bread, recipe