- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 (4 ounce) bar dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Beat egg yolks lightly in a separate bowl.
- Heat chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides, until melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Stir in egg yolks, melted chocolate, walnuts, flour, and baking powder until smooth. Fold egg whites gently into the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
Torta Caprese con le Noci (talian Chocolate Cake), recipe