- 2 cups pecan halves, broken into coarse pieces
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 half pint canning jars with lids and rings
- cooking spray
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread pecans on a baking sheet.
- Bake pecans in the preheated oven until lightly toasted, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Bring sugar, light corn syrup, and dark corn syrup to a boil in a saucepan; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Add syrup mixture slowly, whisking constantly to prevent eggs from curdling. Whisk in butter, vanilla extract, and salt until batter is smooth.
- Spray 8 small jars with cooking spray. Press pieces of pie crust dough into bottom and sides of jars. Add a layer of toasted pecans to each jar. Spoon in batter, leaving 1/4 inch rim at top.
- Bake in preheated oven until darkened on the top, about 40 minutes. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Traditional Pecan Pie in a Jar, recipe