- Turmeric Paste:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon water, or as needed
- Golden Milk:
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Combine 1/2 cup water, turmeric, and pepper in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, 7 to 9 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon water. Continue cooking until thickened into a paste, 7 to 9 minutes. Cool completely, 15 to 20 minutes. Pour into an airtight glass jar.
- Whisk 1 teaspoon turmeric paste, almond milk, coconut oil, ginger, and cinnamon together in a saucepan. Heat over low heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in honey.
- Strain milk mixture into 2 mugs.
Turmeric Golden Milk with Turmeric Paste, recipe