- 1 pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 4 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). On a lightly floured surface, roll out pie crusts, and set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice; set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; spread in bottom of a 9 inch pie dish (glass or ceramic works best). Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Cover with one pie crust. In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Arrange half of the apples in pastry lined plate. Sprinkle with half the brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Cover with remaining pie crust, fold top edge under, and crimp. Cut a few slits in the top to vent steam.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Loosen edge of pie, and carefully invert pie onto a serving dish. Serve warm.
Upside Down Caramel Apple Pie, recipe