- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 5 new potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook stirring often until onion is translucent. Add carrots and potatoes, and cook for just a few minutes to allow the carrots to sweat out some of their juices.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the pot, and season with ginger, curry powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Puree soup in small batches using a food processor or blender, or if you have an immersion blender, it can be done in the soup pot. Reheat soup if necessary, and serve.
vegan carrot soup, Carrot Soup recipe