- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.25 ounce) can vegetarian refried black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup loosely packed and chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and bell pepper in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add refried black beans, corn, and cream cheese; stir well. Season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Simmer until bean mixture is hot, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place cilantro, green chiles and liquid, salsa, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, lime juice, garlic, and oregano in a food processor; blend until smooth, about 10 pulses. Spread about 1/3 cilantro salsa mixture in prepared baking dish.
- Spread bean mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla and sprinkle with 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Roll tortillas around the cheese and bean fill and arrange enchiladas in the prepared baking dish, seam sides down.
- Pour remaining cilantro salsa mixture over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly, 20 to 30 minutes. Garnish with avocado, tomatoes, and sour cream.
Vegetarian Black Bean Enchiladas, recipe