- 3 beets, assorted colors
- 4 radishes
- 1 turnip
- 1 yellow carrot
- 1 purple carrot
- 2 Jerusalem artichokes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 slice bread, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby lettuce, or to taste
- Cut beets, radishes, turnip, yellow carrot, purple carrot, and Jerusalem artichokes into very thin slices using a mandoline. Place slices in a bowl; add olive oil and red wine vinegar and stir gently with your fingers. Let marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat bread cubes, pine nuts, and pumpkin seeds in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange marinated slices on a serving plate. Top with toasted bread, pine nuts, and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle walnut oil on top; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with lettuce leaves.
Vegetarian Carpaccio, recipe