- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Make a well in the center, and pour in the oil, vinegar, water and vanilla.
- Mix well, then pour into a 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
welfare cake, recipe