- 2 (1 pound) flat iron steaks, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon dry beef bouillon powder
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch dried rubbed sage
- Rub steaks all over with beef bouillon powder.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Whisk olive oil, onion, garlic, chili powder, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, molasses, paprika, onion powder, cumin, cilantro, black pepper, and sage together in a shallow baking dish until marinade is thick and well-combined. Place steaks in marinade and turn to coat completely. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature to marinate meat, about 15 minutes.
- Cook the steaks on the preheated grill, basting frequently with marinade, until steaks start to firm and are reddish-pink and juicy in the center, 6 to 7 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Remove steaks to a plate and let rest for 3 minutes before slicing.
Western Style Flat ron Steaks, recipe