- 8 sweet potatoes
- 4 pears - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake in the preheated oven 1 hour, or until tender.
- Peel the baked sweet potatoes. Place in a medium bowl and whip until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, gently cook the pears 10 minutes, or until tender. Process the pears in a food processor until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the evaporated milk, vanilla, brown sugar and butter. Heat until scalded. Blend into the sweet potatoes.
- Mix the pear puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange juice and pecans into the sweet potato mixture. Transfer to a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Pears, recipe