- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- seasoned salt to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a ceramic, glass, or metal mixing bowl into the freezer to chill.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat until the foam subsides. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with seasoned salt on both sides, and brown in the melted butter, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken breasts into a 9x12-inch baking dish. Place the mushrooms in the skillet with the chicken drippings, and cook and stir until the mushrooms have begun to brown, about 10 minutes. Pour the mushrooms and pan drippings over the chicken breasts.
- Pour the cream into the chilled mixing bowl, and whip on high speed with an electric mixer until the cream is fluffy and forms soft peaks, 1 to 3 minutes. Lightly spoon the whipped cream on top of the chicken breasts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cream is bubbly and the top is golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Whipping Cream Chicken, recipe