- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu, diced
- 3/4 cup tamari almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, chopped
- 1/2 large head red cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring the brown rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium-low, place a cover on the saucepan, and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes. Spread the rice onto a large platter and chill in refrigerator until cooled completely.
- Gently toss the cooled rice, diced tofu, tamari almonds, sesame seeds, chopped kale, red cabbage, shredded carrot, chopped flat-leaf parsley, and chopped dill together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the lemon juice, tamari soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, and mustard together in a small bowl; season with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the rice mixture; toss gently to coat evenly.
Whole Earth Kale Salad, recipe