- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 14 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a bowl. Whisk together yogurt, vegetable oil, honey, vanilla extract, and orange juice in a separate bowl. Gently fold carrots into the yogurt mixture. Stir yogurt mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Gently fold raisins into the batter. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups until nearly full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 12 to 13 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Whole Wheat Carrot-Raisin Muffins, recipe