- 1 (12 ounce) box whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, or to taste
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Bring a large pot with lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Cook rotini at a boil until the pasta is cooked yet slightly firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Rinse the pasta with cold water until completely chilled; drain completely.
- While the pasta cooks, whisk the apple cider vinegar and olive oil together in a large bowl until blended. Stir feta cheese, basil, salt, and black pepper into the vinaigrette.
- Fold the asparagus, tomatoes, carrots, green onions, and garlic into the vinaigrette to coat evenly.
- Stir the cooled pasta into the vegetable mixture; toss until evenly mixed.
Whole Wheat Rotini Pasta Salad, recipe