- 1 1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In heavy saucepan, soak wild rice in boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain; rinse thoroughly.
- In large skillet or Dutch oven, combine drained wild rice, brown rice, onion, carrots, celery, chicken broth, thyme, marjoram, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 50 to 60 minutes.
Wild and Brown Rice, recipe