- 1 1/2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup wild rice and 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- In a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; add celery, carrot, onion and bell pepper. Saute until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in flour, pepper, wild rice, water and broth. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in half and half, almonds and parsley. Heat until hot and serve.
Wild Rice Soup, recipe