- 6 eggs
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, rinsed and dried
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Place 6 eggs in a medium saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring water to a boil, and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel, and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside, reserving approximately 1/2 cup of drippings in the skillet.
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach and green onions.
- Heat the reserved drippings over low heat. In a small bowl, whisk together the 2 remaining eggs, sugar, white vinegar, and red wine vinegar. Add to warm grease, and whisk for about a minute, until thickened. Pour at once over spinach, add crumbled bacon, and toss to coat. Garnish with chopped egg.
Wilted Spinach Salad, recipe