- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 tablespoons light molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat the sugar with the shortening until smooth and creamy; mix in beaten eggs, molasses, and vanilla. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients. Stir in walnuts and raisins. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until slightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
ww oatmeal molasses cookies, recipe