- 2 cups diced yellow squash
- 2 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup milk
- Place squash in a pot fitted with a steamer basket over boiling water, and steam 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the squash, cornbread, margarine, sage, cream of mushroom soup, egg, onion, sugar, salt and pepper, and milk. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
Yellow Squash Dressing, recipe