- 1 whole chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with habanero peppers (such as RO*TEL® Hot)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 (1 ounce) packets taco seasoning mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, or as needed
- 1 (15 ounce) package flour tortillas
- Place chicken, tomatoes with habanero peppers, green bell pepper, onion, jalapeno chile peppers, and 1 packet taco seasoning in a large pot; pour in enough water to just cover chicken.
- Bring chicken and vegetables to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 1 1/2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove chicken from the pot and let cool. Pull chicken meat off the bones and cut into bite-sized pieces; discard carcass. Pour off about half the liquid from the pot, making sure all the vegetables stay. Return chicken meat to pot; add the remaining 1 packet taco seasoning. Simmer until flavors have blended, about 10 minutes.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat; fry tortillas, working in batches, in the hot oil until desired crispness is reached, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Spoon chicken mixture into each tortilla to serve.
Yummy Chicken Burritos, recipe