- 3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups peeled, cubed potatoes
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 3 (8.5 ounce) packages corn bread/muffin mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large saucepan, bring the water with salt to a boil, and cook the potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes; stir the turkey and mixed vegetables into the boiling water, and bring the mixture back to a boil over medium heat. Mix cornstarch and 2 cups of milk together in a bowl until thoroughly combined, and stir the milk mixture into the saucepan with the turkey and vegetables. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, and cook until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Pour the turkey mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place the corn bread mix into a bowl, and beat eggs and 1 cup of milk into the mix. Spread the batter over the turkey and gravy mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the corn bread topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Yummy Turkey Pot Pie, recipe