- 4 zucchini
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 pinch garlic powder, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Trim zucchini ends and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out and reserve pulp, leaving a 1/2-inch shell.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine reserved zucchini pulp, turkey, green bell pepper, sweet red pepper, onion, mushrooms, and spinach in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, tomato paste, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Spoon mixture into the zucchini shells and place in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven uncovered until zucchini is tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Zucchini Boats with Ground Turkey, recipe