- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla and milk to the butter mixture. Stir in dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Fold in zucchini, orange zest, and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured Bundt cake pan. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. Before serving, drizzle with glaze.
- To make the glaze: In a small bowl mix together sugar, orange juice and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Invert cake onto serving dish, then pour glaze over.
zucchini chocolate orange cake, recipe