- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 chile pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 zucchini, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat; add garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir 4-ounce can tomato sauce, chile pepper, turmeric, black pepper, cumin, and coriander into the beef mixture; cook and stir until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Peel zucchini into large flat ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Arrange 2 pieces in an "x" shape. Place a piece of feta cheese in the middle of the zucchini "x"; add a spoonful of beef mixture. Carefully wrap the ends of zucchini ribbons over the top to form a ravioli-shape. Repeat with remaining zucchini, feta cheese, and beef mixture.
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with 1/2 of the 15-ounce can tomato sauce. Arrange zucchini "ravioli" over sauce. Top with remaining tomato sauce, basil, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce has thickened and cheese is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Zucchini Ravioli with Minced Beef and Feta Filling, recipe