- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 zucchini, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Anaheim chile peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
- water, to cover
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into the skillet; cook and stir until the beef is completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Stir zucchini, potatoes, Anaheim chile peppers, onion, bay leaves, beef bouillon granules, salt, and black pepper into the ground beef. Pour enough water over the mixture to cover by 2 to 3 inches. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat; cook at a simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk 1/3 cup water and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Slowly pour the cornstarch slurry into the stew while stirring. Continue cooking until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir Worcestershire sauce into the stew; season with salt and black pepper.
Zucchini Stew by Bob, recipe