- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder (optional)
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Gala apples - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 6 cup large muffin pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the rice flour, steel cut oats, flax seed, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and arrowroot powder. In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, egg, butter, apples, and cranberry juice. Thoroughly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to form a slightly runny batter. Spoon evenly into the prepared muffin tin cups.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Awesome Apple Muffins, recipe