- Burger Mix:
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup crushed crackers, or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning (such as Club House® Italiano)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- Condiments and Toppings:
- 1 teaspoon barbeque sauce
- 8 slices cooked thick bacon
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 burger buns
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- Combine ground bison, egg, crushed crackers, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, black pepper, and coarse salt in a large bowl. Use your hands to form mixture into 4 large burger patties. Place on a plate lined with waxed paper and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill burgers for 2 minutes. Flip and brush with barbeque sauce. Flip again and cook until burgers are no longer pink in the center, about 8 minutes total. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Turn off the grill. Add 2 slices cooked bacon and 1 slice Cheddar cheese to each burger; close lid and let cheese melt, about 1 minute. Transfer burgers to buns and top each with 1 lettuce leaf.
Bacon-Cheddar Bison Burgers, recipe