- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1 (12 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package (1 ounce each) mozzarella cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place the ground beef, onion, garlic, and green bell pepper in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook until beef is evenly brown. Drain grease.
- Mix rice, broth, water, bouillon, tomatoes, and corn into the saucepan. Season with pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 25 minutes. Top with mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses to serve.
Beef and Rice Dish, recipe