- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup unbleached flour with buttermilk; let stand 5 minutes. Mix in 1 cup sugar, honey, oil and egg. Combine whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Stir into white flour mixture just until moistened. Gently fold in the blueberries. Fill muffin cups with one tablespoon muffin batter, and one tablespoon filling. Top with one more tablespoon muffin batter.
- To make the filling: In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1//2 cup sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoon flour, egg, sour cream and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
blueberry cream cheese muffins, Blueberry Muffins recipe