- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can reduced sodium cream of celery soup
- 10 3/4 fluid ounces water
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid shrimp and crab boil seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning, or to taste
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Mix in onion, green onions, celery, and bell pepper. Cook and stir until tender.
- Pour cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery soup, 1 soup can of water, creamed corn, and frozen corn into pot. Cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Mix in shrimp, and cook until opaque. Stir in half and half and parsley. Reduce heat to low; continue to cook and stir 15 minutes. Mix in liquid shrimp and crab boil seasoning and Creole seasoning; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cajun Shrimp Soup, recipe