- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons thick plain yogurt
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 6-inch cake pan.
- Sift all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix honey, oil, and yogurt together in a bowl, stirring gently.
- Combine carrots with the honey mixture; add orange zest and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture by the spoonful, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Add a couple teaspoons orange juice if batter is too thick. Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top springs back when touched, 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Carrot-Honey Cake (Eggless, Butterless, Refined-Sugar-Free), recipe