- 1 (8 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning, or more to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, cut in thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered, 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and transfer pasta to a bowl; stir in butter.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Season chicken with 1 pinch Italian seasoning and black pepper; place in a baking dish.
- Broil chicken in the oven until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir sun-dried tomatoes and garlic until garlic is softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth and cornstarch together in a bowl until dissolved; stir into sun-dried tomato mixture. Mix artichoke heart juice, vodka, and lemon juice into chicken broth mixture; simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and stir in artichoke hearts, chicken, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, parsley, and oregano; simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir pasta and 1/4 cup feta cheese into chicken-artichoke mixture and simmer until pasta is warmed and feta cheese is melted, 2 to 3 more minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle mixture with remaining 1/4 cup feta cheese; stir.
Chicken and Artichoke in Lemon Vodka Sauce, recipe