- 1 3/4 cups dry-curd cottage cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup cold water
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, egg yolks, and 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, and baking powder. Pour in the vegetable oil and cold water, and mix or knead into a smooth dough.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface, and cut into 3 inch circles using a glass, can, or cookie cutter. Place a spoonful of the cottage cheese filling onto each circle. Fold in half, and pinch the edges together to seal.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Carefully drop the perogies into the water, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until they float. Remove from water with a slotted spoon, and place on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet to drain excess water.
Cottage Cheese Perogies, recipe