- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Place the beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat. Season with rosemary and basil. Cook until beef is evenly brown; drain grease. Mix in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and mixed vegetables. Cook and stir until vegetables are heated through. Transfer to the baking dish.
- Place potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat and drain. Mix butter, Romano cheese, garlic, salt, oregano, and milk into the pot. Mash together with a potato masher. Top beef and vegetables with the mashed potatoes.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn oven to broil, and continue cooking 3 minutes, until potatoes are golden brown.
Easy Shepherd's Pie with Garlic Romano Potatoes, recipe