- 1 cup peeled, cored, and chopped pears
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toss chopped pears with sugar, ginger, and cloves in a large bowl. Set aside and let the sugar dissolve in the pear juices.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Stir vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and eggs into the pears. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the pear mixture and stir gently just to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
ginger pear bread, Breakfast Bread recipe