- 2 cups chopped green tomato
- 2 cups peeled and chopped tart green apples
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pastry for a 9-inch double-crust pie
- Combine tomatoes, apples, brown sugar, raisins, vinegar, butter, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and cloves together in a large saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until bubbling and slightly reduced in volume, about 25 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Press 1 pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Pour green tomato filling into the pie crust; top with the second pie crust, crimping the edges together to seal.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and continue baking until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Green Tomato Mock Mincemeat Pie, recipe