- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- In a blender, combine the orange juice, orange peel, olive oil, lime juice, ginger, garlic, hot pepper sauce and oregano. Blend into a marinade.
- Place chicken breasts in a nonporous glass dish or bowl. Pour marinade over chicken, cover dish or bowl and refrigerate to marinate for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to broil OR preheat grill to medium high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Remove chicken from marinade (disposing of any leftover marinade) and grill or broil 6 inches from the heat source for about 7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
grilled caribbean chicken breasts, Chicken Breasts recipe