- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground anise seed
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- In a medium bowl, mix the ginger, cinnamon, cumin, anise, and cayenne pepper. Rub the chicken with the spice mixture, and place in the bowl. Cover, and refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes.
- Combine 2 cups of water and basmati rice in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- In a small saucepan, mix the mango, orange juice, lime juice, and honey. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a small cup, mix cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water until cornstarch is dissolved. Stir into mango mixture, and simmer one minute, or until sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in dark rum.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. When grill is hot, brush the grate with oil.
- Grill chicken 6 to 8 minutes per side, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Serve over the cooked rice, and top with the mango sauce.
Grilled Spiced Chicken with Caribbean Citrus-Mango Sauce, recipe